View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 12:18 PM   #18
daveinaz

We have the Allstays app. Seems pretty good so far. I've also used the Trip Routing on the Passport America site. For our upcoming trip in Jul - Oct I already booked our stops and I'm glad I did. Many of the locations were already booked up, specifically the area around Moab and Rapid City.

PA can pay for itself in a 2-3 stays but you really have to read the details about specific campgrounds on the website because I've found that the majority of them have restrictions such as only one or two nights allowed with discount and what's worse, not valid for months at a time. Most have exclusions for the discount during peak times/seasons/events.

We would prefer to say 3 nights in one spot so as to make it "worth our while" to get everything set up. But on the outbound leg from AZ to the UP, we are on a time crunch, so we are making a 350-425 miles per day trip and only staying one night at each stop getting there. However, on the way back we are staying anywhere from 3 days, 5 days, 1 week, 2 weeks, and a month at different locations.

I hope that next year we'll be more comfortable with just taking off without anything reserved and just ending up where we end up.
daveinaz is offline   Reply With Quote