View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 12:05 PM   #17
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSCY View Post
Thanks folks. Each piece of information helps me get a better understanding of how all the reservation stuff works. You have been most helpful. The more info, the better informed.

I will just chime in and say I am of the regimented sort. I don't like loose ends of any kind on any thing usually. After 13 years of retirement I'm still that way despite earnest efforts to change. I believe it is just my nature - I have zero patience (I've tried to work on that but it has only changed a little) so getting somewhere and then finding nothing, makes me "unhappy". The longer I have to look, the unhappier I get. The uncertainty worries DW and she is far happier knowing where we are going and staying.

Does that make things "bad" or render us unable to stop and smell the roses? No. We make plans for fairly short days unless we have to be at the far destination at a set time and we didn't have enough notice to plan a longer drive. We spend literally weeks scanning the internet, available literature etc. deciding where we want to stay en route, what we want to see and where we are going to eat - to us it's fun. In interesting places we spend more than one day....maybe a week; depending on what we think we want to see or do.

We have had to modify existing plans and so far have been successful. For us it works, for others I'm sure it wouldn't and would remove some of the freedom or excitement from the trip. For us, we've had all the unexpected "excitement" we want for the rest of this life journey. I wish everyone happy and fun travels as spring starts to blossom around us.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote