View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 05:53 PM   #11
linux3

3 or 4 long road trips a year with no real idea where we are going or how long we are going to take to get here, humm, our plan.
From AAA you can get the Woodall's RV campground guide. We may use it as a review but seldom as a selector.
Every time we cross a state line we stop at the visitor's center to a) see what's interesting and b) campground guides.
About the time I'm getting pretty sick of driving and my wife is tired of sitting we start looking for a place to overnight.
My Silverado has a WiFi hotspot and Android Auto so I say "OK google, campgrounds near me". My wife then gets busy looking up the options in Woodalls or visitor center handouts. Then we start calling and getting prices and available services. If it's only one night and there isn't much of interest around I'll pay extra for a pull through site. If we think we would like to stay a while maybe not.
We have NEVER not been able to find a place to get full hookups for the night.
So, when we stayed on the coast in MI in a state park we had reservations. When we stayed in Murfreesboro TN we didn't. We almost never "just show up" but mostly we only give a hour or 2 notice.
BTW, we planned to stay in Murfreesboro for a couple of days and stayed for 8. Messed up our entire non schedule.
2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71 6.2L
linux3 is offline   Reply With Quote