View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 10:23 AM   #17
Bandit12

Speaking of two batteries, I will say when we picked up our Cougar just over a year ago, there were two battery boxes and two batteries installed therein. However, on a rig with the factory OTG package I would have expected somewhat better batteries. At least a pair of group 27s. Nope. I got two AutoZone group 24 dual purpose batteries. And the jumper wires from the secondary battery to the primary was a pair of 10 gauge wires! I left them in the boxes until this spring. I then swapped out the boxes and batteries for a pair is Napa 6 volt deep cycle golf cart batteries. I used the factory hot wire, roughly 2 gauge, for the connection from the battery bank to the trailer, the factory ground wire as my jumper from the primary to the secondary, and replaced the ground wire with a 4 gauge automotive type 42 inch long ground cable to go from the secondary battery to the trailer frame. All works well. And having the twin 6 volts units wired in series, we were able to go over Memorial day weekend boondocking and never had to unload or start the generator.
Bandit12 is offline   Reply With Quote