Thread: Brake Question
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 06:49 AM   #4
Pete::51

I find this hard to believe. I just called Dexter Axle to confirm that having two different brake systems was not appropriate. After giving them the serial number of my rear axle, they said that axle was supposed to be built with the self adjusting brakes. They screwed up not Keystone. They are sending me two new self adjusting brake assemblies for that axle. I also told them the reason I was looking at the brakes now was the reduced performance. Which I had traced to one of the self adjusting brakes not working correctly. The lever that is supposed to turn and hold the star wheel on the brake adjuster was not engaging the teeth on the adjusting wheel. They are also sending me a replacement for that assembly.

I've found I have much better response dealing directly with component manufactures than trying to work through my dealer (our local CW store who is grossly understaffed) and Keystone. I'm still waiting for a replacement landing gear cylinder they started working on three months ago.
Pete::51 is offline   Reply With Quote