View Single Post
Old 09-12-2021, 07:03 PM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CChambers View Post
Payload is 2171 lbs. Advertised pin weight is 1570 lbs., which is what I ran all my numbers off of. How does your math add another 900ish lbs. of pin weight when fully loaded? Does the longer pin box adjust the math to a smaller percentage? Their 1570 pin weight is closer to 17% of dry weight which would mean loaded pin weight of 1955.

I understand they are trying to sell a camper and they will do anything to accomplish that. I could see a few lbs. difference but 400 lbs.?

I think I will try to reverse the coupler to position 2 and see what it does to my turning radius and my clearances.

You have been deceived by sales marketing. "Dry weights" and "dry pin weights" do not exist. When you add propane or a battery those numbers vanished not to mention what you are going to add (have to add) to the trailer to make it useable. Established numbers for pin weight estimation are 20-25% of gvw. I run 21% of my scaled weight. Position of the pin in your bed will not do a thing for the weight it drops in there but will surely affect what's happening with the truck including handling and ride. Your hitch appears to be set up wrong.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote