View Single Post
Old 09-12-2021, 05:51 PM   #3
CChambers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I'll just jump in because those long view photos don't tell me a lot. That is a short bed F 250 per signature. The pic seems to show the nose of the trailer/pin box way back.

You can adjust the Andersen at the ball in the bed and with the adapter on the pin. It looks to me like you have everything set to the back which doesn't do you much good.

Your trailer is 11,500lb. gvw equating to approx. 2415lb. pin weight at 21%. What does the payload sticker inside the driver door say on the 3/4 diesel?

The Andersen is an excellent hitch IMO and has done me right for many thousands of miles with zero issues. I would surely look into how you have yours set up - it should work fine for you from what I can see/know.

Payload is 2171 lbs. Advertised pin weight is 1570 lbs., which is what I ran all my numbers off of. How does your math add another 900ish lbs. of pin weight when fully loaded? Does the longer pin box adjust the math to a smaller percentage? Their 1570 pin weight is closer to 17% of dry weight which would mean loaded pin weight of 1955.

I understand they are trying to sell a camper and they will do anything to accomplish that. I could see a few lbs. difference but 400 lbs.?

I think I will try to reverse the coupler to position 2 and see what it does to my turning radius and my clearances.