View Single Post
Old 09-08-2021, 07:17 AM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

I'm not surprised by the response from Keystone. Without an open, unresolved ticket they have nothing to reference and then you are stuck with a bubble gum chewing person that worked the midnight burger shift at McDonalds last week. You don't want them to advise you on a resolution to your problem. The dealer is always the best bet for initial contact.

As far as the batteries ALWAYS visually verify anything that is supposed to be done. 2 trailers ago I told them I wanted 2 batteries on the trailer and not one. They said OK and there were 2 battery boxes on the tongue when I picked it up. Assumed all was well and went on my merry way. Little did I realize the second, newly added battery was some crud covered Camco thing they must have had sitting in a junk heap somewhere. I found that out when the batteries died; the Camco had cannibalized the other, new battery and killed them. Make them show them to you would be my suggestion.

Like Jim mentioned, I think the designers sit around the break room and discuss how they can make things as difficult as possible for new owners. Many times the logical, easy path/location for something is totally ignored and it is placed in the most difficult, illogical place requiring you to contort and/or stand on your head. Ha! The last laugh is on them, little do they know those years of training to be a clown prepared me perfectly for dealing with their shenanigans!!
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote