View Single Post
Old 08-28-2021, 05:25 PM   #1067
LHaven

Kitchen outlet

Installed an additional 120V outlet on the range side of my kitchen (above the side of the range hood) to allow DW a handy place to plug in her portable induction cooktop. A challenging project. Couldn't use the power already in the microwave cabinet because it wasn't GFI and the microwave maxes the breaker all by itself. Had to run Romex to the outlet pictured on the far left-hand wall (which Keystone placed so far back in the corner that I can barely reach it, never mind DW).

Drilled a hole from the MW cabinet, across the false floor (wire run area) of the above-sink cabinet (where the LED puck is), and into the far left wall above the outlet. Never used 36" worth of drill bit extensions before, amazed it all worked!

It was also really fun trying to get the Romex to take the 90° turn between the cabinet and the wall cavity.

Next project is a 12V cig-lighter outlet in the headboard bookcase to run my CPAP if we have to overnight with no shore power. While I have the bookcase out, I'm going to extend the 12V wiring up to the ceiling so we can eventually add a fan to our fanless vent hatch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8575.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	35490