View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 03:36 AM   #32
xrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimborokz View Post
Actually my mileage does very, I get close to 12 when towing. With my back and sciatica issues I keep my daily driving to under 300mi. if I can. But I can see the need for more reserve in many cases and I respect that, if fact I envy those that can go long distances like I used to. I remember not that long ago when I did a truck route about once a month that was 7 hours each way with a loading stop in the middle. Had to fudge the log on that one.
But alas, no more.
One of the big reasons for me getting the 60 gallon aux. tank is that we are planning a trip out west this fall and it will take 5 days of driving from the Knoxville, TN area to Williams, AZ. The third day of the trip will total right at 480 miles, so having more than enough fuel is critical to keeping on schedule. Once we get into the mountains an start travelling to our different places, I'm sure the mileage will drop below the average of 9 mpg. I'm figuring that at times I may be in 6 to maybe 7 mpg when towing to our next stop....so I choose to have no worries about finding fuel as long as I start off each travel day with a full fuel load.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote