View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 06:25 PM   #52
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
OK folks. I signed up for Visible this afternoon, late afternoon and evening..... Bought a new phone because I'm not moving from Verizon yet before I know what this thing does.

The process was tedious, backwards, frustrating and.....infuriating. Probably because I had questions before I plopped down my hard earned credit card but...no worries, they have no answers. The "system" will handle it. Really! But it does that well; name, address, what phone, credit card number... Oh, don't believe what they tell you; you can't use a credit card unless you have the phone shipped to the billing address - you must use Paypal. Say it ain't so! I told them I wouldn't use Paypal...and I didn't have to. Amex worked just fine. Anyway it's ordered. Said it would be shipped FedEx next day - chatter said it would be 8 days.

In full disclosure I've had a terrible time with our "free" wifi in the park today and that is what prompted me to "get off the pot" and just do this; I can't deal with that kind of stuff. It prolonged the efforts of trying to communicate with Visible...as slow as they were.

I'm hoping....having euphoric visions of a "hotspot" providing me hot, uninterrupted data! I believe I'm about to swoon! I also ordered a nano dual band router...like whipped cream on a chocolate pie!!! Heavens, heavens. I'll not be able to sleep until I get these magical devices. Hmmm, guess I need to calm down, get a grip. Wanted to run through some financials today and this wacked out wifi drove me up a wall. Sorry.

Hopefully I'll have the stuff and get it operational in a few days. I'll report back but it sure seems like it may be the answer many of us look for. I picked a cheap Samsung Galaxy because I just want a hotspot not cameras etc. Cost was something like 340-350 total with the first months service. We will see....we will see.
I will be looking forward to your review! Good to hear somebody making a decision about something..lately all I have is questions lol