View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 05:10 PM   #34
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
Shot in the dark but could they be talking about the gfci enclosure as the “power board” and what’s missing is the “ground” ? So the board shorted to ground instead of the gfci? Although I don’t know why the control board fuses didn’t save itself.. the only other thing I saw is the control board looks to have a isolation base that goes between the board and whatever it mounts to.The board itself may have been borrowed to repair another warranty claim before your unit was sold.When the dealer received the replacement warranty part and installed back on your unit(before you or anyone purchased it),they may have left the isolation base off,causing the back of the board to short to refigerator chassis when jostled
Quote:
Originally Posted by roberthensley491 View Post
So big shout out to the dealership I bought my 2020 keystone 367 impact fusion for agreeing to pay all repairs in full. Dealership is Becker Auto/trailer sales in Beliot Kansas.
The part that fired is called a power board/circuit board (part 43091/control board/5929949 $159.99) that controls power into the refrigerator. It was installed without the plastic board mount (94-1685/5930197 $6.00) and board cover (95-9959/5930197 $10.00) which covers and protects the power board from shorting out when mounted against the inside trailer wall behind the refrigerator. Either the previous dealer installed it wrong with missing cover or the factory did?
But Keystone nor Coldstone frig warranty would cover it because they stated I removed it which is insane who would take apart a electrical box for no reason then re install without the plastic box to protect it. The circuit board was completely exposed by itself screwed into a wall with a strip of metal flashing. Total price was $524.
Which Beckers dealership paid without hesitation. Gander RV in Caldwell Idaho said I was lucky it didn't catch of fire.
So I dodged a bullet.
I think my scenario here someone” borrowed “the board is likely
Every now and then a shot in the dark hits something lol. Great news for you!