Thread: Oregon?
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016, 11:16 AM   #6
Ken / Claudia

Really depends on what you want to see and do and how long you want to spend on the coast. As a child and with my family we spend many weeks on the coast. I have owned vacation homes on the Long Beach Wa. coast since 2001 and go there now about 1 week a month every month.
I would look at spending time in or near Coos bay. Check out a white water jet boat trip or get a daily fish license, rent a boat etc and catch fresh salmon in the river or ocean. Near Newport is South Beach St park. alot to see there also fishing. Near Astoria the Ft Stevens state park has military history from 1850s to WW2. A museum in Astoria is a great look at ocean and river stuff. Other military forts just into Wa. from Astoria. Again get a daily fish license and get 2 more fresh salmon. The highway really gets grid locked on summer weekends thru each city. Travel thru on week days is much better. Forgot to mention whale watching out of Coos bay or Newport August- Sept or points between from shore or boat. And in Tillamook, the cheese factory and air museum, it is in the biggest wooden structure you may have ever seen.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote