View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 05:42 AM   #21
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodlatch View Post
So as I stated earlier, I’ve been having the same intermittent issue, ironically the same year and model as the OP.
Went to put slide in yesterday and nothing. No click, no hum, just dead. All other 12v working fine. No power at the generic slide control box. I found that there is no fuse in the panel for that. Power is run directly out to the circuit breaker on tongue by the battery, These are “waterproof” breakers with red covers. The main issue I have is they have so many wires in and out of these things that the covers can’t seal. My terminals were all rusty and corroded again. Once cleaned up, side works again.
It might be beneficial for you to add a waterproof electrical box to the tongue of your trailer and place all of the circuit breakers in that box, seal the cover and eliminate the problem with water intrusion on your circuit breakers. Boxes are available at Lowe's and Home Depot as well as any hardware store.

This is one of those times when "improving the OEM design" will pay dividends for years to come. Fifth wheels almost always have those "mini-breakers" in the front compartment, protected from weather. Travel trailers, for some reason, tend to just "hang 'em on the tongue bulkhead". I've seldom seen a problem with corrosion on fifth wheels, almost always a concern on travel trailers. Protect them and it'll go "miles toward reliability".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote