View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 07:12 PM   #11
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charby View Post
I thought the same, but while going through PDI when trailer was new. There was no battery connected as it was on shore power and slide was extended. If batteries are low, the slide can get a boast while plugged into tow vehicle while running to enable slide closure. I would think the fuse as an easy start too.

As John mentioned, just because "they did it" doesn't mean it was the right, or optimal thing to do.....it was the expedient answer.

My trailer was in the shop for "roof maintenance", it came out with dead batteries. Who knows what they were doing or why, but they totally killed the batteries. Their response? No big deal, we do it all the time you just need to recharge them. Really? I sent them this link:

https://www.intechtrailers.com/image...nce-Manual.pdf

and asked them to please review the life cycle chart that references depleting the charge on the batteries. One total discharge reduced my overall recharge capabilities by 80+% over one used normally. Result? The trailer is back in the shop again to have a new galley gray tank installed along with 2 NEW Interstate batteries (no charge).

All to point out that because you're on the lot and someone "does" something, it doesn't make it the right thing to do - I'm not sure if many of them actually know what they SHOULD do - so be careful trying to run those slides without a battery.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote