View Single Post
Old 01-02-2019, 04:09 PM   #11
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
The black flush line also has a back flow device usually up very high so that shouldn't be an issue either, but as they say "crap occurs!".
Which is why I posed my hypothetical: What would happen if the neighbor sharing the "Y" connector left his black tank flush hose connected to the "Y" and his black tank flush back flush valve wasn't working?

Maybe it wouldn't happen, maybe it could happen, maybe it will happen ???
When it comes to relying on "other people's stuff to be in working order".... I found out long ago, it's probably easier to just go buy one than to borrow one from the neighbor. By the time he rummages around, finds it, tries to get it working and I wait/help all that to happen, I could have gone to ACE, bought one, fixed whatever I was fixing and been drinking an after work beverage....

Does anyone really trust the neighbor (many like some on this forum) who say they "just pulled that damn leaking plastic valve off and bought a couple of elbows at Lowe's to replace it. Enough people have "bragged" about disabling their black tank flush anti-siphon valve that I wouldn't count on the neighbor to have his in working condition..... Granted, the chances of him leaving it connected to the water supply "Y" are remote, but then hopefully "drinking crappy water" is remote also.....

As you say, "Crap Happens"..... I don't want it in my fresh water system. Sounds like you don't either......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote