View Single Post
Old 12-05-2021, 07:09 AM   #36
JRTJH
Site Team

[QUOTE=friz;478540]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
..................I'm not fond of linking any card directly to my bank account.. old school I guess.

Well Chuck, I believe the credit cards in your wallet are linked to a bank account. The TSD card is a credit card.
A "TSD credit card" is not issued by a bank and not regulated by FDIC.... I could be wrong, but I don't recall any "terms of service" detailing the maximum amount you're responsible for if the card is lost, stolen or used by an unauthorized person. There's a difference in the TSD card "limits of responsibiltiy" and a credit card issued by a bank.

NONE of my credit cards are linked to my bank accounts. In fact, they aren't even issued by "my bank where I have savings, investments and checking accounts"... I do have a "debit card" issued by "my bank" but it has a set limit for which I'm responsible, if the card is stolen or used by someone for unauthorized purchases. I don't believe there is any "safeguard against loss" with the TSD card... Again, I could be wrong, but I believe there's an increased risk for loss with the TSD program. If I were to apply for a TSD card, I'd first visit "my bank" and set up a specific account with limited funds and link the TSD card to that account with "MY BANK'S" understanding that withdrawls do not come from my savings or checking account. Then I'd transfer funds into the TSD linked account in limited amounts, to cover purchases (with some excess to assure no overdrafts)...

They aren't the same.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote