View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 09:06 AM   #11
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Find a good water source with good pressure, set that regulator to 50-55 psi, then never adjust it again, constantly adjusting it won't help low pressures. As I said it will regulate at high pressures but won't affect low pressures. If the pressure is too low fill your fresh water tank & use the pump, it's typically set at 40-45 psi, so worst case you'll have somewhere between 40-45 psi & 50-55 psi wherever you connect.
We been to parks/campgrounds with excess of 100 psi where that restrictor will not work, a regulator was required & to places with 25-30 psi so used the pump.
I'd also recommend replacing the shower head with the Oxygenic shower head, it works great even with low pressures.

Danny made some excellent points and I would expound on one aspect;

I have my regulator set at 50psi. Tried 40/45 but just wasn't quite wasn't what I wanted. Now 50 seems to work well everywhere we go.

I like to take a somewhat unabbreviated shower so I can use some water. Had it down until I got this trailer. I had not replaced the shower head with an Oxygenics because the OE seemed to work pretty good. Problem was my gray tank would fill up way too quick even though I had larger tanks than I used to have. The OE shower head had no way to cut it on and off and it put out LOTS of water. Ordered my Oxygenics and put it on - poof! tank fills like it used to and I don't use the on/off button that it has. It aerates the water and uses much less so you still feel like you are getting good flow. Now I'm back to dumping at what I consider a normal interval. Just threw that out for something to think about.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote