View Single Post
Old 03-27-2019, 08:34 AM   #7
busterbrown

Hi Tammie. Welcome to the site. What was already said is good starting advice as far as your TV.

As a 308BHS owner, I can tell you that for a very "mature" family of 7, you'll want to think about the space you'll be sharing in a fulltime rig. I have 3 little ones (8 and under) and it can be challenging at times. I couldn't imagine adding 2 more teen bodies to the mix in this 2 slide floorplan. Remember, it only has 1 small bathroom. Imagine the challenges at bathtime when everyone needs to wash, brush teeths, and use the "facilities". I'm sure it can be done, but it will take great planning and patience on everyone's part.

Also, these Bullets are very ultralight in design and are the farthest models from a fulltime coach. The floors comprised of 1/4 inch plywood with a foam board sandwiched in the middle. The roof is just 1/4" decking too and classified as non-walkable by Keystone.

I guess what I'm alluding to is there are much better Keystone models that are more appropriate to support a large fulltime family. They will be heavier unfortunately. So that may change your TV selection.

Goodluck to whatever you choose. I'd personally look a units with 3 slides, possibly two bathrooms (even if one is a half bath), and substantial roof decking and floors. That will make you 6 months of fulltime living more tolerable.

Again, good luck and welcome.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote