View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #10
geo

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiller View Post
But none of those things will keep the level sensor working reliably, or at least not with far more effort than it's worth. And even then the fix will be temporary at best. The only real solution to OEM sensor problems is one of the aftermarket systems.
As Smiller stated, the one real solution is aftermarket sensors. On our new fiver, we had the "See-Level Gauge System" installed. (www.rvgauge.com) The See Level system does not use internal sensors, so it never gets fouled. It uses an sensor strip that applies to the outside of the tank and connects to the panel via 22 gauge wire. The sensor uses induction to sense the fluid level in the tank. The read-out is continuous in 3% increments, and when the read-out says 100%, it means it! I'm probably lucky that I didn't know about it when I was in the underbelly of the Alpine or I would have installed See Level gauges at that time! But if you need some work done that pulls the coroplast, or if you are adventurous enough to venture into the underbelly, I would highly recommend See Level - they are extremely easy to install (pull off the protective tape and apply to the side of the tank!).

Note: I have no connection with Garnet Technologies except for being a customer who purchased a set of See Level gauges.

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote