View Single Post
Old 06-26-2022, 09:05 AM   #30
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason.rhodes86 View Post
I use the water pump because I’m not usually at full hookup site, electric only. So I fill my tank on arrival.

I have not figured out the issue. The thing that makes me think it’s not a leak is because it’ll randomly stop cycling at times for a while. A leak would not fix itself for a couple hours then start leaking again. I have opened all faucets to include outside shower isn’t helped. So I’m likely gonn have to look into the pump itself.
One "non plumbing issue" that you might consider is the electrical connections/battery condition. The pump motor MUST spin at the required RPM to drive the pump diaphragm fast enough to deliver pressure sufficient to activate the pump pressure switch. If the voltage/amperage is just barely at the minimum (caused by corrosion on the connections, loose electrical connections or a bad/discharged battery, etc) the pump may not be able to achieve the pressure adequate to go beyond the "bare minumum"....

I've seen several "run on pumps" that will run under nominal pressure load at full speed, then, as the water pressure builds, the pump doesn't have enough amperage to continue at full speed and the pump starts to "wind down" until it's barely "burping to attain water pressure"... The pressure switch will close, but as that "trace of air in the low point drain or elsewhere" allows the pressure to drop slightly, the pump will "burp again"... Sometimes it will keep doing this on a continual basis.

You might want to check all the electrical connections to the pump, feel the wires, the twist on connectors or the caps on the swedge connectors to see if they're warmer than they should be.

If there's no "plumbing reason for the pump action" it may be an electrical issue.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote