Thread: Keystone Gens?
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2020, 05:17 PM   #68
chunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeagleMan View Post
If I can swing for it when the time comes, I'm going to get it anyway. Its like I like to say, I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. If I use it 2-3 times a year, I'll be happy. If I need it more than that, I'll be happy. And if I trade up for it down the road, I'll take the dang thing with me and put it in the new one. Either way, I am covered. Will it be a waste of money? I don't care that much. I'll be prepared.

Love sitting by the fire too. That'll be a must.
Her's my take on an onboard factory installed generator. I have a toy hauler and they frequently have them installed, but if I had a typical 5th wheel I would order with one or have it installed. Cheaper if it's factory installed rather than after the fact. I don't "boon dock" per se but do stay in places on trips with no hookups. Walmart, rest areas, etc. I want the comforts of home including the air conditioning and A/C power for my CPAP. Noise is minimal in my opinion and with the air conditioning going, I'm usually tired from the drive and sleep well and comfortable. Sometimes when a generator is installed in a typical 5th wheel and is propane fired, 40# tanks are installed rather than 30#. I also like the ability to stop, go inside, start the generator and power the trailer systems rather than unload a generator from the truck, drag the power cord out, etc. I'll pay for the convenience. To each their own but that's what I want. An advantage to the toy hauler is the generator is gas not propane and I have 2 30 gallon tanks I can use.
2019 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic 114 (the toy)
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote