Thread: Junk!
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2020, 07:16 AM   #26
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith0404 View Post
I wouldn’t say it’s an excuse, but there is a serious labor shortage in northern IN. Manufacturers are doing everything they can to try to meet the demand. They are faced with labor shortages, parts supply shortages, and transport shortages. Every dealer has orders in for dealer stock and are screaming for RVs. An example of adjustments manufacturers are making, we cannot order travel trailers with 2 ACs, we can’t order big 5th wheels and toy haulers with 3. They will come prepped and additional ACs can be installed once available. My understanding is that Lippert, who supplies the frames and many of the appliances and other parts has been begging the manufacturers to shut down for a couple weeks. Of course, that won’t happen when every dealer is begging for RVs and consumers are placing orders just about as fast as we can sell them. We are seeing different parts from different manufacturers than usual. When manufacturers change parts suppliers, there’s bound to be some growing pains. If I had to make a guess, the average days on lot for most of our units right now is probably in the 10-15 day range where the average before was probably in the 90-100 day range. Additionally, there is a shortage of chassis for motorhomes. Ford and GM were shut down to build respirators and now the car dealers are screaming for cars and trucks. We haven’t seen a new class C for months and have been completely sold out since June and only have a couple class As left.
Looking at this my RV Tech was pretty smart back in April when he ordered 50 Coleman 15k units .

But in truth this is affecting more than just the RV industry, we're playing hell getting stainless, aluminum and steel not to mention repair parts for equipment. We've gone from 4 to 6 week turn on orders to 8 to 10 and rising; not because of labor but because of material.
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote