View Single Post
Old 07-31-2020, 06:16 PM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

If ever there was a case for saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"... This is it !!!

We're talking about a 10+ year old trailer with the OEM roof vent and side vent. If they have worked 100% for the past 10 years, is there any reason to expect that they won't last for the next 10 years (as far as structural integrity, tightness, positioning of components, etc) ???

The plastic vent is probably a tank vent (but I've not seen a tank vented into the refrigerator compartment) and the tape is probably a mod done by someone to help increase the heat retention during winter camping ???? (that's only a WAG, not even a SWAG)...

At any rate, if the refrigerator is "working 100%" all I'd do is clean out any cobwebs, vacuum the floor under and around the back of the refrigerator and reinstall that lower vent access door.

Aluminum tape, hanging in that area, behind and above the back side of the refrigerator is, for the most part, "out of sight, out of mind"... I'd stop looking at it and forget it was even there... Sort of like my old dog used to do when we'd yell at him to do something (he was hard of hearing).. If he didn't look at us, he didn't have to respond to our yells, so if he was doing someting "HE wanted to do" he'd never look our way.....

Stop looking at the tape, If it doesn't hear you, it won't look your way... Ignore it like it's ignoring you.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote