View Single Post
Old 05-24-2015, 03:41 PM   #85
sourdough
Site Team

This is an old thread but thought I would share my "experience" since I had asked this question a couple of months (or more) ago.

The consensus seems to be with the Weber series on the forum. I had looked at the Coleman Roadtrip LXE because I liked the portable stand. I also liked the 2 burners (20k btu) with interchangeable tops; grill, coils, griddle. I liked the 2 rows of burners on the Q200 but not the stand. Couldn't make up my mind so bought both to compare.

I had determined I was not going to cook in the camper unless it was a necessity so I wanted to do breakfast and dinner outside for sure. I wanted/needed flexibility.....so here's where I am;

The Weber cooks good. It has a 12k btu burner that cooks better than I thought it would. I did not buy the stand and used it "as is". I bought the Coleman with the included stand plus the coil grates (it included grill grates). It cooks good as well.

I have chosen the Coleman simply due to a couple of things. 20k btu burners cook stuff (fried potates/boil water) much quicker than 12k btu. Steaks turn out just as well. The versatility of the burners is a plus and the carrying case, which I don't have for the Q, is a real plus when traveling. Anyway, that's what I came up with. Don't get me wrong, the Q is an awesome grill; the Coleman just had some bling that I didn't seem to see in the Q. Cooking wise you can't go wrong with either.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote