View Single Post
Old 10-15-2020, 03:51 AM   #84
Spaceguy85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman9 View Post
Sidewall split and the sharp bent rim is evidence of hitting something. When did you last do a "Free Spin" inspection as I cover in my RV Tire Safety blog?
This was only the 2nd trip on the camper, and the tires were just checked at the tire store for balance, inflation, etc. The tire rim was bent after having to drive on it for a bit to get off of the freeway, not from hitting anything. The manufacturer has since told me that it was a separataion of the tread that causes this issue, and is not uncommon for this type of tire. On popups, the tires are very small, and the rims are thiner. Because it was comming back from the tire shop, there was no load in it. While I appreciate that you know alot more than I do about tires, they have been inspected more times than most folks would normally do. Again, even the manufacturer called them China Bombs, so that is where I get the term. I really think that it had alot to do with just the age of the tire, but, who really knows. Now, we check them every time we stop, and, I do lift them up and check for separation before every trip.
Spaceguy85 is offline   Reply With Quote