View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 07:36 AM   #3
T11ravis

I'm the same as mpd. I should have just gone big a couple years ago and been done with it.

I've raced motorcycles for a long time and just upgraded to my 5th trailer (and am also on my 3rd truck) in 10 yrs. I outgrew several small, cargo trailers quickly but thought we were settled on a 24' bumper pull toy hauler with garage. We (like you guys) initially thought a seperate garage was needed but have since changed our stance on that.

We did realize two things with our old trailer:
1. You lose an incredible amout of LQ with bumper pull vs. 5th wheel in general. Pretty much a bedroom in most models.
2. We simply needed more LQ as my family (wife, 7 yo son, myself and dog) took up more space than we thought was possible!

My advice is to go one size larger than you think you need. You'll probably end up there anyway.

Also, get a 3/4 ton (at least) diesel. You won't believe the difference.
I'm definitely not saying that 1/2 tons can't do the job, just more what they're designed to do regularly. I always refer back to a great quote my G-Pa threw at me a long time ago, "There is huge difference between towing vs. towing well."

Good luck!
WERA #13

'13 Raptor 300mp
'11 F350 6.7L CC DRW FX4
T11ravis is offline   Reply With Quote