View Single Post
Old 07-30-2021, 07:48 AM   #1
DesertCoyote

Brand new '21 Raptor - Norcold Fridge sucks

I just got my brand new Raptor in June. It has the Norcold 2118SS fridge - 4 door gas/elec. Thing was a total nightmare. Problems I had:

1. Fridge would not go below 50 degrees (even at 9 cold setting, highest)
2. Fridge condensation was off chart and leaked water all over inside - had to put towel in to keep water from running everywhere
3. Freezer had almost 2" of ice build-up on back (this was just in a 10 day camp trip)
4. Left door on fridge would not seem to latch all the time.

So needless to say, garbage. We lost about half our food due to the high temp in fridge. I ran the thing on AC and Gas and no diff, it just wouldn't get cold. Checked everything, all fans working correctly..just appears Norcold is garbage.

I checked on some reviews (found a bunch on Camping world's site) for this fridge - everyone rated it 1 star and reported the exact same problems that I have.

So next question - is everyone having problems and this is like a 50/50 crap shoot on these things?

What could it be replaced with? I've checked and it doesn't seem that anyone else makes a fridge that size to fit in the trailer. Dometic only has a 12 cu ft so it's considerably smaller in size to fit in my spot. Furrion makes a 14 cu ft one, but it's AC only (no gas..ugh).

Any help??
DesertCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote