View Single Post
Old 02-25-2021, 06:22 PM   #19
Nankipoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1 View Post
I have the FURRION rear observation camera and the 2 side mount cameras on our Cougar 315RLS and they work really well. My rear view was pre wired to a 12v hot lead which would have it on all the time. I found the 12v circuit (rear interior lights) and cut in a switch, the only problem is if I forget to turn it on or off before the slides are in. My lovely bride is getting tired of climbing on the sink counter to get to the switch so I'm going to install a remote control to run the power to the camera. And well I'm at it I well also wire the side views to a remote control. The side views are wired to a separate 12v from the clearance lights (12v light circuit in front storage area) with a switch. The nice thing about this set up is I can use all 3 cameras for security cams if I bring the monitor in side.
Haven't decided if I want them hot all the time or just when traveling. If they were hot all the time I'd be trying to figure out how to hook them into a 32 inch TV inside for better viewing.
Nankipoo is offline   Reply With Quote