View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 03:11 AM   #67
jimborokz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitPond View Post
Jim

According to this article there are four nuclear units in TX (all PWRs) and only one tripped off due to low steam generator levels (no reason provided for that occurrence).

To summarize: "The shutdown of the reactor, one of the state's four, has played a relatively small role in Texas' power crisis, representing about 1,280 megawatts of the 30,000 megawatts of outages at the peak of the crisis Monday. Nuclear power normally provides about 11% of Texas's electricity.

Many of the state’s gas plants were knocked out from icy conditions, and some plants shut down from being unable to access the fuel they need because producing wells froze.

Wind turbines froze, too, but to a lesser extent."

Did you ever work at Grand Gulf in MS or River Bend in LA?
Thanks for the update, It's good to know some of these are still running.

Never got to LA or MS. I was making rounds doing a factory update at new installations on one part of the turbines and also training local service shop folks on the change. Was only in each place for a couple days. Waco, Huston, Corpus Cristy, Marshall, and San Antonio if I recall correctly, it's been a few years and straining this old brain. I do remember quite well how hot it was as I was there in July. I also hit a lot of places on the east coast. NC, SC, GA, FL. Sadly I never got to spend any time in those great places.
2017 F-350, psd,4x4, lariat, c-c, swb, srw
jimborokz is offline   Reply With Quote