View Single Post
Old 04-14-2018, 07:32 AM   #8
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RvRookies View Post
Thanks for the information everyone. It is very much appreciated! Sounds like I definitely need to switch them out to a more durable vent but overall its transparent to the daily living? Do any of you guys ever get annoyed by stepping on them all the time or is it not really that bothersome?
Having said what I said previously, I will say that the vents can get a little annoying to me. Ours are in the middle of the floor and I've not changed the registers to more durable ones. I knew they were weak the first time I stepped on one and it flexed......and I watched a guy at CW in Tallahassee come out of a fancy Class A with an armload of bent up registers on my first trip out, that confirmed they were weak.

My annoyance comes from trying to step around them so I don't bend them. I don't always miss and seems DW is always right there to see it and gripe at me. One of these days I'll change them out but so far I haven't gotten that irritated. I think, as was mentioned above, that you might have more problems with it being an excellent hiding place for a child. Heck, my doggie likes them too; when it's cold she likes to pull her blanket close to a vent and snooze. When they're not running she's like to snoot them wondering "what's down there". For DW, she likes me to remove the registers so she can clean them out when she vacuums. All you never wanted to know about a heater register...
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote