View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 11:01 AM   #1
Bill Slayton

New trailer, new questions

Hi All,

New forum guy, 2nd post. Wife Sandee and I just picked up our 2016 Cougar 21RBSWE. Had a trailer years ago but been driving a 96 Tioga RV for the past 5 years. So going back to pulling a trailer may take some getting used to. With that said, I already have some issues/questions:

1) No trailer brakes - Without hooking the trailer, I press the brakes and get a red light on the controller. After hookup, no red light when pressing brakes. I played with the control wheel on the controller without luck. Will check the plug from the truck for power soon but wonder if I have a controller that is not compatible for the newer trailer. Ideas?

2) We have a Linear Series RV5090 Multi media radio/player that we cannot seem to get a DVD to play on the Legend TV. There is a cable coming out of the wall behind the player (red, yellow, black) that we thought should be attached to the TV but no (yellow) jack input on the TV. We have a manual but apparently too dumb to find or understand instructions.

3) I’m the guy that bought the trailer from a person that lost all the keys. Thanks to chuckster57 giving me a clue I was able to pull the back cover off the door lock to get the key number. One down, 2 to go. I took the black slam off the storage compartment but only saw the word “champion” and no key number. New ones are $50 so I’ll visit camping world or some place to get help. With the small round silver lock, someone suggested to just drill out the lock for replacement. More ideas?

Thanks, Bill
Bill Slayton is offline   Reply With Quote