View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 03:07 AM   #12
Tinner12002

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Cruz View Post
Yeah I wish I can do that, however the valve for the grey is necessary to be open for the galley to drain. Weird.

I asked Tacoma RV about it, and they said that in order to drain the galley, I needed to have the grey open as well. I guess it's in series.

So my system now is to drain the black while utilizing the saniflush system, after it's draining clear water, I'll close the black tank valve, then drain the grey, and then the galley. Once drained, I'll close the grey valves and re-drain the black tank with the saniflush in order to clean the drain hose.

I'm still new at this so hopefully I'll be a pro after a few more trips.
Unless you have a really strange setup your galley gray and your bathroom gray are 2 separate tanks and should drain from separate points into your larger sewer dump pipe. With that being said, unless your galley tank drains through or into your bathroom gray tank there shouldn't be any reason to have to have both valves open to drain your galley tank. If your hooked up to drain your tanks you should be able to drain galley tank first without bothering the black and gray valves that are together.
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote