View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 10:35 AM   #9
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryspencer View Post
Steve, thanks very much. The one under the fresh water tank has not had a cap on it for several years because the trailer is on a permanent site and we don't use the fresh water tank, so no problem there.

Per your description, I found the two on the street side, right where you show them, but up higher where you can't see them unless you crawl under there (my bad neck doesn't like this, but I did it!). :-)

Are there drains under the hot water heater? I do not see any, but I do drain the water heater every year.
Henry,

I suggest you cap the fresh water drain. It's an avenue for bugs, etc. to get up into the tank.

Keystone doesn't make it easy to find these things. My Cougar sits up pretty high so the drains are easy to find and reach.

The hot water heater drains on the outside of the trailer at the bottom of the heater. It's a plug that you remove the cover panel, and unscrew the plug with a socket wrench. It probably will have an anode on it. I usually just remove the plug after I bypass the water heater and leave it laying there in the bottom of the access area. In the spring when I prep for the season, the plug is right where I need it to be.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote