View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 07:13 PM   #19
outwest

I gotta agree, it's quite the rough ride back there. Actually did ride in a trailer once (and only once). It was years ago; I was a kid and asleep. My father decided that instead of waking me up, he'd just go ahead and pull off down the road with me in it.

This was in an Avion travel trailer. Those things rode smoother than most trailers, because it had 6 wheels and each wheel had independent axles, rather than the straight, solid axle that most trailers have. Despite that, I was being bounced and tossed.

In a recent trip in our Vantage, our valance and shade over the dining table bounced off. We've also had the closet implode from the bouncing, clothes bounce off of the clothes rod, items laid on the bed end up in floor, etc. I met one person who even had their drop in oven bounce out of its place in their rv. Right now I need to fix the pull out pantry that has fallen down.

So yeah, I can't recommend it. You could always have spouse/friend/etc pull it a few miles down the road with you in it to see what it's like, though I really don't recommend that either, what with the safety issue.

2012 Keystone Vantage 32FLS
outwest is offline   Reply With Quote