View Single Post
Old 05-05-2017, 02:43 PM   #32
craign

Great news!

We receive a call from the dealer this morning, telling us that the camper repair is complete and we can bring it home. None too soon, as we plan on leaving early next week for a trip to the eastern shore of Maryland.

The technician applied reinforcing material to the inside of the rear wall to prevent the curling of material that we experienced. I asked for no additional details on the work performed. The affected area looks good as new, and we intend to inspect it regularly to ensure that it stays that way. Fortunately, the work was completed just before heavy rains arrived in the area. I'm glad that the repair didn't involve replacement of the rear cap, as the cost of labor and material came in about $1100, far less than the cap replacement quotes mentioned in this thread.

I asked the dealership owner if he saw something like this before. His response was yes, only once, and a very long time ago. He assigned no blame on material or manufacturer. Still, it may be worth writing to Keystone. Since this wasn't a warranty repair, it seems like there isn't a mechanism in place to make them aware of the issue. If they become aware of a manufacturing defect (based on owner input), they may look for the cause of the problem. Maybe I'm being optimistic.

That's all for this update.

Regards,
Craig
craign is offline   Reply With Quote