View Single Post
Old 11-08-2016, 09:46 AM   #3
Tbos

Re: Proud new owner of Passport 2810bh! Questions

Welcome to the forum from Southern MD. I have a 2016 2810BH. We love our rig. We may upgrade when we go full time in a few years so we can get more room. Like "Mfifield01" I added LED lights to the inside and a strip on the outside. I have an over the door hook on the bathroom door for towels. Also have an over the door toilet paper holder that puts the roll inside the bathroom cabinet. I added a foam topper to the mattress. Put Carlisle Radial Trail HD tires load range D tires on the TT. I use a clear adapter on the sewer drain so I can see when it's running clear. I have command hooks all over the place by the door for miscellaneous stuff like jackets and keys. I also have one on the bathroom medicine cabinet for the hand towel. I added carpet runners to the main steps. I'm going to put a lightweight self stick backsplash up around the stove.

Make sure you check the RTV seals around the clearance lights. I had one crack and leak after last winter. Several of us with this model have had the water lines to the HW heater vibrate just loose enough to start leaking out from under the bunk. Take the time to remove the bunk board under the mattress and tighten the joints on those water lines now. It will save you some work later. I'm going to do a mod to the seals where the slide cables come through. "Slow" posted that mod.

I tow with a Silverado 1500 5.3 3:43 rear with LT tires in it. I use an Equalizer hitch. I do get some sway when the big rigs go by but not a white knuckle situation. It improved when I adjusted the hitch. Heavy winds and gusts from the side will create some sway too. Keep an eye on your tire pressures on the TV and TT and keep your speed down to 60 and you should do fine. Watch out for curbs too. Had one bite a couple tires this summer. Most of all have fun and post pictures.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote