View Single Post
Old 06-30-2016, 07:56 AM   #5
dcg9381

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken / Claudia View Post
...no RV co. would pay for a repair 6 years past warranty.
I'd qualify that. No RV company would willingly pay for a repair 5 years past warranty. Lots of them have, however, when the parts of materials that they were using caused a big issue that impacted value at no fault of the consumer. The "crows feet" issues of the diesel pushers around 2005 vintage come to mind.

When did this start showing up?

Unless you're going to just dump it, it appears to be repairable (at least on your dime). I'd talk to that company that I listed above, likely they know much more about this issue than I learned via google. I'd be building written documentation - via insurance claim, I'd find a shop that can replace that wall (if provided the parts) and as part of the tear-down (or exploration) document the moisture issue. Take that information back to Keystone and your dealer. You want to show that it's not water and that it is due to materials. You want it in writing. It's important to document that your seals are fine and there is no water intrusion... (I'm assuming that's the case).

From there, assuming you are rejected, PM me and I'll give you the name of someone who may be able to help. The issue here is a violation of UCC (Universal Commercial Code), which has nothing to do with warranty:

Snips, edits, but the main bits are:
Quote:
In all sales of goods, unless expressly excluded, the seller warrants to the buyer that the goods are merchantable.....This means that the goods: (1) would pass without objection in the trade under the contract description; (2) are of fair, average quality within the description; (3) are fit for the ordinary purposes for which such goods are used; (4) are of even kind, quality and quantity within each unit or lot and among all units or lots involved;

I'd also ask around on the Outback forum - this seems to be a really common problem with on those Keystone trailers... At least going a few years back.
dcg9381 is offline   Reply With Quote