View Single Post
Old 06-28-2016, 02:51 AM   #17
Gadgetmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken / Claudia View Post
With time to spare this week, I tried to make my slide jerk by over lube. I have a gear driven slide and the under side of the slide is covered with the black plastic that is also covering the underside of the plywood floor. Like a blue tarp only black. It is a ruff surface, maybe different then your trailers. I cleaned the sides of the slide and coated with 303. I sprayed all seals with the seal spray. I am on shore power with GOOD batteries. I even sprayed the gears with a dry lube. Inside the trailer the slide floor and floor it rolls over is carpeted. Over a couple hours it still works as it should.
I just don't think the problem happens with gear drives as much as it does on cable drives. It appears that the spray lube creates a "gummyness" or some change in friction and when the cables try and move the slide out it takes more than normal power to do so. When the cables exert more and more pressure the slide breaks free and pops out a bit and the cable then goes slightly slack and the slide out box stops then the cables tighten up and the process starts again. I have been monitoring this jerky movement all summer... hoping it would clear up from time/use/evaporation. Nope. It is time for me to get under their and clean the spray cleaner/lube off.

2015 Cougar XLite 33RES
2011 F-350 Turbo Diesel
From Southport Indiana
Miniature Schnauzers supervise out trips
Gadgetmonster is offline   Reply With Quote