View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 06:32 PM   #19
Mutt

I have a 2016 Passport 2670BHWE ...... I had the same problem with the bathroom door. There is a much easier fix that any of these suggestions.

Lift the bottom mattress and put a small screw up next to the trim. Tie a piece of string onto the screw (I used 550 cord) and put a loop in the end of the string. Open the bathroom door and loop the string over the door knob. If you make the string short enough, the door will not bang around or swing back and forth and tear stuff up.

Now the door is secure while traveling. But, you can still use the bathroom with the slide out IN. The only issue is ...... you can't fully close the door when using the bathroom with the slide in. But, you can close the door up against the slide out frame. There will be a slight gap. But there will be more than enough privacy for you to do your business.

When you arrive at your destination, take the loop off the door knob and tuck the string up under the mattress. No one will ever see the string or know it's there. No need for mods or taking doors off or replacing doors. The only time you'll use the string is when you are traveling.

Hope that helps.
Mutt is offline   Reply With Quote