Thread: Dead
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 08:04 PM   #7
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVDad View Post
Whoa, hold on now! This battery was brand new less than a month ago, I hope it's not completely dead! What are the odds of that happening?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
The problem with depleting a battery to "dead" is that it literally destroys the rest of the battery's life. Here is a link from Interstate (my batteries);

https://www.intechtrailers.com/image...nce-Manual.pdf

Notice that you should never deplete more than 50% at any time. Also note the chart on the lower left indicating what happens to the cycle life of the battery if left to discharge 100% - an 88%+ reduction in cycle life if you let it "die". You just don't do it and take all precautions to prevent it. I'm going thru that right now with my dealership that pulled the breakaway switch and killed my new Interstates - they will be replaced with new ones.
Well in my case if I remember correctly mine was pretty dead, I took home and put a slow charge on it for several days, then reinstalled with and a full disconnect. After that I could go to the yard (no Power) and run the slides out and in several times without issue.
I agree NOT the best for the battery, but not the end of the world.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote