View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 10:50 PM   #16
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRTrick View Post
JRTJH

I am a new owner of the same unit you have and I am not sure where the HWH bypass valve is. Your post is very helpful and I a hoping to follow your instructions tomorrow but I can't find anything that looks like a bypass valve.
Thanks
My trailer is a 27RKS. I think you have listed the 277 as your trailer. If that's correct, then there will be some minor differences in the location of the bypass valve on your trailer and mine. That said, my water heater is located just aft of the roadside passthrough storage compartment door. To access the water heater bypass valve, open that compartment door, there is a removable wall on the aft side of the compartment. There are two #2 Roberts (square drive) screws on the edge of that wall located on the far end, about 24" from the trailer sidewall and two that are located on the edge of the removable wall that secure it to the trailer sidewall, just aft of the compartment door frame.

Remove those 4 screws, the wall will slide away from it's position and the rear of the water heater is easy to access.

I cut a 6" hole in that wall and installed a marine access port (about $15 at Amazon) so I don't have to remove the wall to get to the bypass valve.

Here's a photo of the access port I installed and a photo of where the valve is located on the back of the water heater.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WATER HEATER ACCESS PORT2.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	458.1 KB
ID:	21664   Click image for larger version

Name:	WATER HEATER ACCESS PORT3.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	382.2 KB
ID:	21665  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS