View Single Post
Old 11-06-2018, 04:33 AM   #19
itat

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsTwo View Post
yea I use the Geo method.. Well started out using it.. but now have my own Geo method..I use Gain fabric softener, dawn, and what ever else I feel like throwing down there,,.. Like John said above, Quote "You'll "never" (yes, this is one time you can say "never say never") get the entire contents of the black tank "clean" by flushing with clear water under "kinda medium spray pressure".... End Quote.. I understand this, and even using the black tank sprayer and a top side swivel head sprayer a couple time a year it still never comes really clean.. But dang it sure does smell good. lol
Calgon is a water softener. Fabric softener is not the same as water softener. Water softener makes the inside walls of the tank slippery inhibiting solids from sticking to anything inside, including the sensors, and making the flush more effective. As I said in post #9, I also use a bacteria product called RV Digest-It to help break down the solids in the tank. Another popular product that’s similar is called “Happy Camper”.

I agree that it’ll never be totally clean though.
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2014-2018)
itat is offline   Reply With Quote