View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 05:09 AM   #5
zippersbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
The breakers could be mis-labeled but I'm confused by " I switched the microwave breaker off the A.C. went off & now the A.C. breaker doesn't do nothing". Then "I unplugged the microwave & still the same issue, the microwave breaker controls the A.C." Does this mean the air conditioner now works? By A.C. I'm guessing you mean air conditioner and not alternating current. The microwaves in these campers are not top of the line and can be susceptible to low voltage and power surges. This where a good EMS (energy management system) can save your appliances. Just as an FYI anytime you lose power (including your sticks and bricks house) it's a good idea to turn everything off until power is restored. Then turn on appliances one at a time to avoid a huge surge in amp load.
You are correct, A.C. is air conditioner & I did power down everything before switching the breaker back on. I learned my lesson the hard way on a real expensive refrigerator in my house, electronics & electric surges don't mix very well.
zippersbs is offline   Reply With Quote