View Single Post
Old 08-26-2021, 08:32 PM   #1066
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDDilly View Post
Do you have before and after photos of the roof?
Well cleaned the insides of the roof vents and reinstalled the vent covers today. We also fired up the AC after not using since Sunday afternoon, the seal had about 45 hours to cure after last applications.

I didn't take any pictures during the application process, I did cut in all edges, and around all the roof penetrations.

I will say I had four days of 75 to 80 degree days, and about mid 60 nights with a nice breeze all night so no issues with dew.

This is the start of the cleaning process semi-stiff scrub brush. I had cleaned the roof about a year ago, and was still pretty clean. It doesn't really come clean, used Tide powdered laundry detergent in very warm water.

Dirty vents opened for cleaning before putting vent covers back on.

Vent covers back on, scrubbed these also.

Close up of roof texture is from roller used to apply. I used a short (1/4") nap roller.

This is the product used, I applied two thin coats and many recommended by others, took just shy of a gallon for each coat.

I am happy with the results, time will tell if it was worth the effort. the old surface was getting chalky and shedding a fine white material.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote