View Single Post
Old 08-08-2021, 06:31 AM   #135
Badbart56

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
I haven't said much in this thread with everybody saying "this is what I do with my money" and giving advice on going to dealers, etc. Personally I don't owe anyone a dime on credit. Makes me feel good. Don't care if it is smart or dumb. And as far as the DW (the missus), I will be married to my wonderful wife 50 years come next February. PS: She just got another chihuahua named Bonnie and that takes us back up to nine pooches. Bonnie is a stinker and drives us all nuts (including the other 8 dogs).
Hey, when it comes to finances, everyone's path is different. But if you've made it this far in life and don't owe anyone, you're doing something right. I have learned that you can have too much equity in things sometimes though. Like when you see a really good investment property but you paid off your house with the $50K CD that wasn't earning much. But the truth is most of us here are blessed to be in such a position to begin with, right? Reminds me of that meme,

When I was young I was poor. But after decades of hard work I'm no longer young.

Congrats on the upcoming 50th anniversary! I'm only on 27 myself but that's not including the first wife! Even so, I'm still a youngster myself as I just turn 65 this December.

I (we) love dogs too! If it wasn't so hard on them we would have one on the truck with us. We had my youngest son's Bulldog with us for about a year when he was deployed to Poland but she wasn't fond of all the rough roads we encountered along with the 116 degree days in Arizona (had to carry her over the asphalt) or the snow and ice we run into during the winters. She is much happier staying at home in her Georgia backyard.

2010 FZ 405

2011 F350 6.7 Dually w/Banks Power making 510 hp and 1065 ft/lbs torque
Badbart56 is offline   Reply With Quote