View Single Post
Old 08-07-2021, 05:24 PM   #131
skunked again

Thanks to all for the replies!

As advised - We are waiting till we're comfortable. We've decided to go and look at campers, go in a few various sizes, try and determine what size (at least for now) we feel is too big for us. Size the TV from that, right, wrong or otherwise.

Today we did stop by all three stealerships in town. All three salesmen where in agreement, they have no idea when this cycle will break. None had 3/4 ton gassers in stock, new or used.

linux3 -The ford dealer did have a new, special order, 1/2 ton, super cab(extended cab) 2wd. The way this truck was spec'd, the door sticker said a payload of 2,221lbs. I looked at it twice, didn't believe it the first time I saw it. Impressive! However, it was only $4,000 cheaper than the MSRP of the 3/4 ton, crew cab, 4wd, 2,925 payload, with gooseneck/5th wheel prep, spray in bedliner - that we tried to deal on. Don't get me wrong $4,000 is ALOT of money!! Until you look at what you're getting for it.
As for I want to fish? Anywhere with water. Seriously. I'm on the water, I'm happy!

My commute to work is less than 10 miles, roundtrip.

chuckster57 - YES! a covid upcharge of $3,000 on all new vehicles. A different dealer had a $5,000 upcharge on all new vehicles.

Badbart56 - I would like to sell outright, problem is, all of our other vehicles are in use. Two kids in college, they both work, albeit part time. Wife is retired, works part time. We did discuss it. I did that with my last vehicle, as we had a spare sitting here. And, with the current situation of not many vehicles sitting on the lots. For the good news, we are not upside down on it. We would also like to stay that way.
skunked again is offline   Reply With Quote