Thread: Improving A/C
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2021, 06:13 AM   #23
Danimal713

I saw the RVairflow video and made sense but the $170 I choked a bit, plus loosing the dump function. I got to this looking at otherYouTube videos and saw that one in one of the list. BTW, that is why when you start doing this, you then notice that 3 hours have gone by and nothing done of the today list! Anyway I was considering coughing up the $170 but careful measurements sowed the AC unit was installed about 1 1/2" off center to the ducts plus the hole was slightly larger than what was claimed to fit. It might have been made to work but loosing the dump function was not exciting. I can work with metal (light fab work) and wood (what do you want me to build?) so took a piece of scrap 2X4 cut to length and put a 45 degree wedge on top - ^ like this and centered under the squirrel cage from cool side. I also used HVAC foil tape to seal the area better than whomever had been in it before. It was "partially sealed" but not to my standards. I also had noticed some duct tape (cheap crap stuff) on the front of the base that is flush to roof (is SUPPOSED to be flush but there was a gap and it whistled). I used closed cell foam weather stripping to run around the edge and no more whistling. I get a noticeable much more air flow out of the vents and it cools the trailer more quickly. The dump feature also works better all by just doing a better job sealing the air flow. The baffle splitting the air stream was what I think made the more air into vents and more efficient because they were previously hitting a flat surface. Now each side is directed right into the duct.
Danimal713 is offline   Reply With Quote