View Single Post
Old 08-01-2021, 09:10 PM   #38
Gmcjimmy4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I'm sorry you seem to have issues with a discussion about the switches on a Suburban water heater. But the highlighted above;

3 mirrors on a vehicle and they all do the same thing...only need one. Of course that is absurd, they all give different angles and views. Why look at more than one - well, that little old lady walking behind your vehicle that your left mirror doesn't show that you just ran over....that's the reason there are 3....or more, and....cameras!

I think you asked a question about your water heater operation and you have no idea how it works or how to verify it. That's fine and we try to help with that. The conversation morphed, as I'm sure you followed, to comments about that type of water heater operation. Observations and comments were made about how "some" of the Suburban heaters used a secondary switch (DLE? as I recall). You don't know so can't elaborate.

I made a comment about the unnecessary additions of switches on the heater and the issues they caused. You then attacked me personally for pointing out they were useless - and, yes that switch on the outside is useless if you have the relay and inside 12v switch....just look at the schematic.

Whether you like the switch, feel you need more switches or whatever is your opinion; I think it's a waste of time. I didn't however attack you because you thought they were a safety measure....whether needed or not.

You carry on with your water heater quest. You might do some due diligence up front as I believe some Suburbans came with the secondary switch and some not depending on model.
Well you obviously can only see one side of a situation. Just like the mirrors there are many reasons to have 2 switches. You just refuse to see any view but your own. As far as two models, I am very aware that there are two different ones. My post was to find out how to make the switch functional instead of a dummy that does nothing labeled electric water heater. Like I also said before, most use this site to get some knowledge and facts about what there asking. You just seem to feel the need to force your opinions and views on all of us with no real info about what the post was asking. You have wasted enough of my time with your comments on this thread. I will not be responding to you anymore!
Gmcjimmy4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote