View Single Post
Old 07-29-2021, 10:17 AM   #25
Mikelff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
After all the bantering about to much A/C causing wet, damp cool air in a trailer I thought I'd report on my actual experience with two 15K A/C's in a 35 foot 5th wheel and Central Texas weather...

I've been camping since Tuesday afternoon in Dawson, Texas. The weather has been 90 degrees every day with hit and miss summer thunderstorms every day and it looks like it'll be a repeat again today. Humidity was 78% yesterday but only 58% so far today...

The new 15K in the bedroom has performed flawlessly there is no moisture dripping from any of the registers, even in the bath.

The 13.5K that I replaced struggled last year to keep the trailer cool even in the relatively cool 90 degrees we're blessed with today. In fact neither it nor the living area 15K would cycle during the heat of the day even at 90 degrees outside temps.

The dual 15K a/c's are at least cycling nicely with the bedroom cycling off for 30 minutes frequently .

I won't say that everyone needs dual 15K a/c's but if you live in Central Texas or other areas with high humidity and 90 + temps.... it's worth the little extra costs involved. I can't hardly wait for the normal 100 degree plus Texas weather to come back... Last year was no fun but I'm thinking this'll help.
I live in North Texas and it’s supposed to be 103 today. Wish I had two 15k A/C units. I have a 15 and 13.5 heat pump. I have a 12k stand up unit that I bought used that works great. It’s vented out a slide side window and sits in the corner, out of the way. Would rather have the 15k, but not in the budget at this time. Rig is in the shop getting warranty work done so not camping in the heat for a few weeks. Would like to hear how the two 15k units do in the 100 degree heat. Stay cool!
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote